With 10 years of business development experience at Procter & Gamble in Dubai, Joey holds an MBA and a certificate in Sustainable Development from HEC Montreal. For the past five years he has been collaborating with the GRIDD-HEC (Interdisciplinary Research Group on Sustainable Development – HEC Montreal) on research projects that address the themes of sustainable development, corporate social responsibility, the cooperative organizational model, social entrepreneurship, and social innovation. He also lectures on « Corporate Social Responsibility » and « Social Innovation on the World Stage » at HEC Montreal. He is currently pursuing a Ph.D. in Applied Human Sciences at the University of Montreal, his thesis focuses on « cultural » sustainability. He is also the co-founder of the social enterprise « Gardens Without Borders ». In his free time, Joey plays the nay, an oriental flute.
- 2011 Social Enterprise Cup, a social business plan competition to help foster social entrepreneurship worldwide and encourage dialogue regarding social sustainability. http://www.hec.ca/en/news/2011/nouv_201181_SEC_e.html
- 2013 Value Creator: one of Quebec’s nine leading figures who have a record of exemplary achievements in sustainable development. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RfGng6fxR8
- Barin-Cruz, L., Gond, J.-P., Leca, B., El-Khoury J. (2012). « The Organization of Institutional Work Across Time and Space: Building Capabilities for Cooperative Banking » – Administrative Science Quarterly (to be published).
- Pramana, W., Raufflet, E., El-Khoury, J. (2013). Don Francis and the Quest for an AIDS Vaccine, HEC Montréal publications, HEC Montreal Case Centre.
- El-Khoury J., Barin-Cruz, L., (2012). « Road to Kamaka, the struggles of poverty and desertification », Emerald Publications. Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies, Vol. 1 (4) pp. 1 – 23.