With 10 years of business development experience at Procter & Gamble in Dubai, Joey holds an MBA and a certificate in Sustainable Development from HEC Montréal. For the past five years he has been collaborating with the GRIDD-HEC (Interdisciplinary Research Group on Sustainable Development – HEC Montréal) on research projects that address the themes of sustainable development, corporate social responsibility, the cooperative organizational model, social entrepreneurship, and social innovation. He also lectures on “Corporate Social Responsibility” and “Social Innovation on the World Stage” at HEC Montréal. He is currently pursuing a Ph.D. in Applied Human Sciences at the University of Montréal, his thesis focuses on “cultural” sustainability. He is also the co-founder of the social enterprise “Gardens Without Borders”. In his free time, Joey plays the nay, an oriental flute.
- 2011 Social Enterprise Cup, a social business plan competition to help foster social entrepreneurship worldwide and encourage dialogue regarding social sustainability. http://www.hec.ca/en/news/2011/nouv_201181_SEC_e.html
- 2013 Value Creator: one of Quebec’s nine leading figures who have a record of exemplary achievements in sustainable development. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RfGng6fxR8
- Barin-Cruz, L., Gond, J.-P., Leca, B., El-Khoury J. (2012). “The Organization of Institutional Work Across Time and Space: Building Capabilities for Cooperative Banking” – Administrative Science Quarterly (to be published).
- Pramana, W., Raufflet, E., El-Khoury, J. (2013). Don Francis and the Quest for an AIDS Vaccine, HEC Montréal publications, HEC Montréal Case Centre.
- El-Khoury J., Barin-Cruz, L., (2012). “Road to Kamaka, the struggles of poverty and desertification”, Emerald Publications. Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies, Vol. 1 (4) pp. 1 – 23.